These days, you don’t need to be a web design expert to create an excellent store, you just need the right tool. The best Shopify builder services will help you build the perfect eCommerce website effortlessly and without needing to know to code. After testing various Shopify page builder apps, we have created a list of the best ones available. In this article, we will go over each app’s important features to help you choose which one suits you best. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is a Shopify Builder?
A Shopify builder service or a Shopify page builder app is a plugin created by a third party that gives you more freedom to design pages for your store than Shopify’s default page builder. You’re able to customize elements like headings, images, buttons, and lists by dragging and dropping them onto a template.
These Shopify builder services or apps are designed to simplify the process of creating and customizing your online store’s pages, offering a more user-friendly and flexible interface compared to Shopify’s native page editor. They often come with a wide range of templates, widgets, and design elements that can be easily incorporated into your pages, helping you create a visually appealing and functional online storefront.
Why do you need a Shopify page builder?
Although Shopify offers a lot of features and tools for retailers, it is not a magic platform that will help you build your website from start to finish with no effort. The available themes and templates are quite limited when it comes to page building, and the default options can be restrictive at times.
Shopify builder services are a must-have for anyone looking to improve their online store. With these services, you can easily drag and drop any type of Shopify page (landing pages, homepages, product pages, story pages…) without any coding or design expertise. You’ll also have access to lots of beautifully pre-made templates to save time and effort. Plus, you’ll be able to track data and conversion rates on your store pages with ease.
Criteria to Choose a Relevant Shopify Builder Service
With the many page builder apps for Shopify out there, how can you decide on the best one to accommodate your needs? A few qualities that a great Shopify page builder should have are:
- Ease of use: No design or coding skills are required, and you can easily rearrange all the pages on your Shopify store by dragging and dropping them. You can then customize the margins and paddings to ensure your site looks great on all devices. Finally, you can add images, text, and other content.
- Variety and customization templates: If you want to create a website that looks professional and appealing, it’s important to choose an app with a wide range of pre-made templates. This way, you can take the time to customize each template to perfection.
- Integrations: The best page builders allow you to add the elements your website needs in a breeze. Sometimes, that means integrating a third-party solution, like a Shopify Social Proof app, trust badges, or embedded forms… That’s why some apps offer a separate library of third-party elements to choose from.
- Website responsiveness: Customers now browse your Shopify store, not just through their PCs, but also other smart devices. You need to make sure your appealing pages work perfectly on all these devices. And to achieve that, you need a suitable Shopify page builder app that supports you to build a responsive website.
- SEO-friendly: A good app will handle all the necessary SEO components, like title, descriptions, images, and page load time to help improve your Shopify shop’s ranking on search engines.
- Data tracking: How many potential customers visit your site but leave without making a purchase? To capture these metrics, you need an app that helps you integrate tracking tools easily. Then you can follow the customer journey to see where you may have lost them and consider implementing third-party integrations (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel…) to reduce the number of abandoned carts.
- Professional support: The best apps will offer you support through email, live chat, and telephone so that if any problems should arise during your store-building journey, you’ll be pleased to have assistance.
What are the Key Features of a Shopify Page Builder App?
As we mentioned, a page builder needs to be easy-to-use, create beautiful pages with a variety of elements as its top priority. We compared different page builder apps for Shopify and created stores and pages galore to come up with the essential features for a best Shopify store builder:
- Easy page-building with drag-and-drop
- Plenty of design elements
- Wide range of professional templates
- Editing with code for experts and advanced users.
- Seamless Integration
Depending on its location in your conversion funnel, a web page needs to serve a different purpose. Additionally, you must take into account SEO, copywriting, image quality, device compatibility, and various other design elements. Below are great features for any Shopify page builder:
- SEO enhancement such as the ability to modify meta tags, image attributes, and other elements that affect ranking.
- Simple and easy-to-use Shopify interface
- Image compression for Loading Speed Optimization
- Personalization features, such as dynamic text or geolocation
We understand that there are many features to consider when choosing a Shopify page builder app. Therefore, to help you make your decision effortlessly, we have compiled a list of the best Shopify builder services on the market.
Top 10+ best Shopify builder services
Our top Shopify page builder apps for 2023 are below, but the best one for you ultimately depends on your specific website needs. They all offer free trials or free plans, so we recommend trying them out to see which works better for you.
Please keep in mind that this list of ours contains no ranking value. There are no best Shopify builder services, there are only ones that are most suitable to your business’s current status. With that in mind, let’s dive into the list.
PageFly is one of the Best Shopify Page Builder Apps. Its Landing Page Builder is perfect for small to medium-sized businesses. The expansive element library and page section contain an array of templates that can be customized to fit any business type.
With this Shopify builder service, you aren’t limited to any one type of page including homepages, coming soon pages, product pages, collection pages pricing pages, and FAQs. Not only that, but every page is SEO friendly so that it has the chance to rank on search engines and bring massive organic traffic to your store.
PageFly is easy to understand and follow, with a user interface that provides you to manage every element in your store. The capability to revise your pages with code makes this an excellent choice for both those new to design and expert designers. While the Free plan only permits you to create one page per type, by experiencing all available features including the page builder and analytics, you can establish whether upgrading to another paid plan is worthwhile.
Rating: 4.9 (6800+ reviews)
- Easy drag-and-drop system.
- Powerfully effective element library and page sections.
- Variety of professional themes in the broad template library.
- The ability to create a single page or multiple pages for your storefront.
- Completely compatible with Shopify and other apps such as Loox, Mailchimp…
- Available help center, 24/7 support.
- Free: $0/month, create only 1 page with access to all the features.
- Pay As You Go: from $24 to $89/month, create from 10 to 100 pages with access to all page templates.
- Enterprise Plan: $199/month, create unlimited pages with priority customer support.
GemPages is one of the best Shopify builder services for anyone because it allows them to create, design, and optimize store pages without any coding limitations. With over 50 pre-designed templates, layouts, and elements available, anyone can build high-converting pages using our easy drag-and-drop builder.
GemPages can help you increase conversions on your Shopify store by offering integrations with over 30 top-performing apps. With Proof, you can add more elements to your pages and boost your store’s conversion rate to the next level.
The well-loved part of this best Shopify store builder is that GemPages smoothly integrates with all Shopify themes and page types so you can focus on creating a beautiful store without worrying about navigation or functionality issues. Whether you’re starting from scratch or redesigning your existing Shopify store, GemPages is the perfect solution. Additionally, thanks to their built-in marketing features, such as SEO optimization, A/B testing, and many sales & page booster features, GemPages will leverage your Shopify stores.
Rating: 4.9 (3000+ reviews)
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop feature without coding experience.
- More than 100 page elements, and 60 templates for every industry need.
- Seamless integrations with over 30 of the most popular Shopify apps.
- Improve your website with SEO and marketing techniques.
- New features: Agency Mode, Autosave & Versioning, Password & Error 404 Pages, Page Scheduling…
- Reliable customer support
- Free plan: $0/month, create 1 publishable page with live chat support.
- Build plan: $29/month, create 3 unlimited page types and 1 A/B testing campaign.
- Optimize plan: $59/month, create unlimited publishable pages, and 20 A/B testing campaigns.
- Enterprise plan: $199/month, unlimited ability with priority customer support.
Shogun is targeting larger businesses and experienced Shopify users who want to create beautiful, mobile-friendly pages that will hopefully convert. If you’re willing to pay the price for the more advanced features, you’ll be able to track your page’s performance using metrics like click-through rates, conversion rates, and bounce rates… You’ll also have access to A/B testing on Shogun’s highest-paid plan. This make Shogun one of the Best Shopify Page Builder Apps
Shogun is one of the best Shopify builder services for high-powered eCommerce websites. The customer support team is excellent, and the page builder allows you to create pages that meet any specifications while also converting well. However, this level of power may be too expensive for smaller businesses that are just starting out. A more affordable option would be to use a Shopify page builder app in combination with an A/B testing tool.
Rating: 4.8 (2900+ reviews)
- Smooth drag-and-drop system.
- Design an unlimited number of pages with 30+ templates.
- Marketing tools available: Content, SEO, email capture, and testing.
- Image compression and lazy loading.
- Multi-third-party integration partners.
- 24/7 support over email and limited support on live chat.
- Free: $0/month, limited access to the page template library.
- Build: $39/month, create 25 pages with email support.
- Measure: $149/month, access A/B testing features, create 250 pages with live chat support.
- Advanced: $499/month, access to Shogun Page Builder for Hydrogen.
LayoutHub‘s aspiration is to make page building easier for any Shopify business owner, regardless of coding skills or design experience. Their library has made them one of the Best Shopify Page Builder Apps. It offers various layouts and blocks designed by UX/UI experts that you can use to construct all the pages on your store. They plan to release 30-50 new designs per month so that customers always have fresh options.
Although LayoutHub does have SEO features, it doesn’t come with data tracking or marketing tools. However, its price is lower than Shogun’s, making it a more affordable option for small businesses without coding skills.
The templates offered by LayoutHub give beginners a great starting point, and the design of the website makes it feel like it is a part of your Shopify interface. However, where this service falls short is in its lack of customization options compared to other Shopify builder services. If you don’t mind an out-of-the-box website that looks good, then LayoutHub might be worth considering.
Rating: 4.9 (2400+ reviews)
- Large template library with many design styles.
- Quick loading of pages.
- SEO features.
- Seamless integration with all Shopify Themes and Apps.
- Responsive to all devices.
- 30-50 new layouts per month.
- Dedicate support with live chat and email.
- Reasonable Pro plan pricing with all the main features.
- Free: $0/month, create a limit of 3 standard pages with email support.
- Basic: $14.99/month, create a limit of 10 pages with the ability to customize.
- Pro: $29.99/month, create a limit of 50 pages with 24/7 live chat support.
- Single: $59.99/month, utilize unlimited pages, and templates with priority support.
Automizely Page Builder is one of the Best Shopify Page Builder Apps. It’s a free app that provides all of the features you need to build and customize your Shopify store.
Automizely provides an extensive range of customizable templates for you to choose from, or you can opt to create a page from scratch. Regardless of your starting point, their editor is easy and intuitive to use, it only takes around five minutes on average to edit and publish a responsive page without having any prior coding experience.
All Automizely templates are designed by seasoned professionals in the field with comprehensive knowledge of UX/UI design principles. You also have access to premium features such as key page metric tracking and advanced style settings at no additional cost, making Automizely one of the best Shopify builder services available for Shopify businesses.
Rating: 4.9 (1400+ reviews)
- The ability to create all page types.
- Many pre-made templates designed and coded by UX/UI experts.
- Offer an abundance of page design choices.
- Edit your landing pages with our easy-to-use text, color, and font features.
- Display products that are highly recommended on your pages.
- Tracking key page metrics with this easy-to-use analytics dashboard.
- Free: $0/month, create 1 page, full library of elements, basic page templates, live chat support.
- Essentials: $35/month, create 25 pages, advanced page templates, sticky add-to-cart widget, 5 saved sections.
- Pro: $95/month, create 150 pages and all Essential’s features.
- Enterprise: unlimited everything.
Zipify is more expensive than other Shopify builder services, but this cost reflects the value of their product. Their templates are all based on proven campaigns that have generated millions in sales. In addition, Zipify offers great features for customizing any page type, such as cross-sale, collections, order bumps, and opt-in features, making it one of the Best Shopify Page Builder Apps.
Zipify app focuses on marketing capabilities more than most other page builder apps for Shopify. Data tracking, comparison, and optimization tools help with SEO while integration with third-party sources such as Google and Facebook are possible. Overall, Zipify Pages Builder & Editor is best suited for mid-sized stores planning on sustained growth.
Rating: 4.8 (800+ reviews)
- Seamless drag-and-drop system.
- Quickly and easily customize any page type.
- Variable marketing tools included.
- The new template updated regularly.
- Available A/B testing and split testing for Plus users.
- Mobile responsive.
- Email and Live chat support.
- Basic: $67/month, create unlimited pages with 250000 monthly page views.
- Plus: $97/month, create split testing and 500000 monthly page views.
- Enterprise: Unlimited page views, and priority support.
EComposer is one of the Best Shopify Page Builder Apps. Its features make it easy for anyone to create beautiful custom pages, without needing to code. With its live drag-and-drop builder, you can easily add all types of content to your Shopify store pages including LandingPage, Homepage, Product Pages, Collection pages, Blogs, and any standard pages (FAQ, Contact Us, About Us, Coming Soon, Lead Generation…).
The page builder has 50+ templates that you can use to make pages in minutes, rather than starting from scratch. You can also copy and paste sections from different templates onto one page, which saves a lot of time customizing each section.
Rating: 5.0 (700+ reviews)
- Support all page types: LandingPage, Homepage, Product Pages, Collection, Blog, About Us, FAQ, Contact Page…
- Customize your website design with pre-made content blocks.
- Integrates seamlessly with Shopify themes.
- Easy page builder with professional pre-made templates.
- Lots of built-in extensions.
- Integrated with top Shopify apps.
- Free: $0/month, 3 publishable pages, create 20 templates, all page types supported, live chat support.
- Basic: $14.99/month, 15 publishable pages, create 50 templates, support all page types except footer, all extensions & templates, import/export templates.
- Pro: $29.99/month, 50 publishable pages, create 100 templates, support all page types, all extensions & templates, import/export templates.
- Premium: $59.99/month, unlimited publishable pages, create unlimited templates, priority support.
Page Studio is one of the best Shopify builder services that lets you create incredible landing pages using its easy drag-and-drop editor, with no coding required. Using this landing page builder app, you can build email landing pages, about pages, and homepages…
Even if you accidentally uninstall this app, have no fear! All of your created pages will still be saved and accessible via email. With many necessary features, Page Studio is the best Shopify store builder for beginner.
Rating: 4.2 (300+ reviews)
- SEO friendly.
- Useful built-in components.
- Loading speed.
- Impressive pre-made layouts.
Pricing plans: The free trial lasts for two weeks, and after that, the monthly paid plans start at $9.99.
Tapita makes it easy to construct a well-designed home page, landing pages, product/collection pages, and blog posts without any coding required. You can pick from a wide variety of existing layouts and effects or start from scratch to create something totally unique. This makes Tapita one of the Best Shopify Page Builder Apps.
Rating: 4.9 (200+ reviews)
- Choose from over 70 stunning page templates, or make your own.
- Translate your pages into multiple languages with ease.
- Save sections to use again at a later date.
- Design for specific devices such as desktops, tablets, and mobile phones.
- Easily copy, backup, or transfer Tapita pages between accounts by importing and exporting.
- Lazy loading is available.
- Free: $0/month, create unlimited draft pages and 2 publishable pages with live chat support.
- Starter: $9/month, create 15 publishable pages and the ability to export/import Tapita’s pages.
- Standard: $29/month, create 55 publishable pages with priority support.
- Professional: $49/month, create unlimited pages with priority support.
With Zeno Landing Page Builder, you can design any Shopify page you want by visually dragging and dropping from a wide range of available elements. As one of the best Best Shopify Page Builder Apps, it is designed to be simple and user-friendly, with many premade sections, drag-and-drop elements, and stunning ready-made templates.
There are many built-in add-ons available for Shopify stores that can help boost sales, such as a currency converter, messenger chatbox, and announcement bar… This app is a good option for those who have no coding skills and need basic page builder features.
Rating: 5.0 (170+ reviews)
- Variable drag-drop elements.
- Eye-catching pre-made templates and sections.
- Complete control over every page type.
- Design pages that look great on any device.
- Unlimited page revisions.
- Free: $0/month, create 1 landing page and 1 blog post.
- Starter: $19/month, create unlimited landing pages and blog posts.
- Professional: $29/month, unlimited everything.
Hypervisual, much like LayoutHub, offers simplicity to make Shopify page creation easier than ever before. Instead of an overwhelming number of available templates, Hypervisual presents all the elements needed to customize your own Shopify store, this includes videos, images, and product collections. Making it the best Shopify store builder for small businesses.
Some other great features are data tracking and SEO. Your store will be connected directly with Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel, so you can be sure that all your content will be properly indexed by Google. This helps Hypervisual become one of the Best Shopify Page Builder Apps for SEO.
Rating: 4.9 (120+ reviews)
- Easily embed add-to-cart forms for products or full collections onto your website.
- Email opt-in forms that are built-in.
- Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel integration.
- Merchant: $9.95/month, allows up to 25 active pages and unlimited blog posts.
- Pro: $24/month, allows up to 75 active pages plus unlimited blog posts.
- Ultimate: $49/month, allows unlimited pages, and unlimited blog posts.
Choose the Best Shopify Page Builder Services
Trying to find the best Shopify store builder that is right for your store can feel like a game of trial and error. With so many Shopify builder services on the market, it’s hard to know which one is perfect for you. But don’t worry! We’ve compiled a list of some of the best Shopify website development services out there, ranging from completely free plans to fairly high-paid ones. With our help, you’re sure to find an app that will take your storefront to the next level and support your business growth.