eCommerce has been gaining a dominant position in the market. If you are planning to follow the trend, besides choosing a platform to design a store for your customers to visit, one more thing you will need is a place to host your sites. This is what eCommerce hosting websites can provide you with.
To define it, web hosting is a service that allows customers to visit your eCommerce site. Choosing website hosting providers is extremely important as they can directly impact your customers’ experiences when visiting your online shops. In this blog, we will introduce you to 10 examples of the best eCommerce hosts, along with some common eCommerce hosting types and tips for you to choose your best-fit provider.
Table of Contents
- eCommerce hosting options
- Best eCommerce hosting providers
- How to choose the most suitable eCommerce hosting for your businesses
eCommerce hosting options
Now that you know the basic definition of hosting websites for your eCommerce businesses, let us go through four main types of website hosting that you may find suitable for your businesses.
Shared hosting is a hosting service where your websites share resources with other hosting accounts on a single server. This option will be ideal if you want to build a quick website on a low budget.
- Requires a relatively low budget to implement.
- May slower your website’s speed when there are too many hosting accounts on one server, thus affecting the performance of your online business and potentially losing a significant number of customers.
- Has limitations on scaling resources, which is a significant constraint for your company’s long-term growth.
Cloud hosting is a popular way for eCommerce businesses to quickly outgrow their server environment. With cloud hosting, your data will be hosted on multiple cloud servers. In other words, instead of relying on a single physical server, resources are spread across multiple virtual servers, creating a scalable and flexible infrastructure. Cloud hosting will be a good choice if you own medium-traffic websites and need a high level of reliability, scalability, and flexibility with the servers’ resources.
- Facilitates higher uptime and reliability as your eCommerce website can take advantage of redundancy and failover mechanisms, which is the result of the distributed feature of cloud hosting.
- Delivers better performance to your websites with higher page speeds and faster TTFB.
- Offers great flexibility and scalability which make it easier for you to scale up or down your resources based on your businesses’ needs and goals.
- Offers backups that can keep your websites up and running if one server goes down.
- Adapts a pay-as-you-go model, in which you only pay for the resources you use. This can be a cost-effective way if your businesses handle varying traffic levels.
- Allows limited control for customers. The cloud service providers are in charge of managing and monitoring the cloud infrastructure. As a customer, you can only manage the applications, data, and services that run on the cloud.
- This can lead to a security risk as all data is uploaded to a cloud server. However, if you choose to work with a reputable eCommerce hosting provider, this threat can be minimized.
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server and is a combination of dedicated and shared web hosting features. The server is shared with other websites, however, each website, including yours, will receive a dedicated amount of resources on that server. Given that resources are isolated, the problems relating to shared hosting are significantly eliminated. With these features, VPS hosting allows businesses and website owners to customize their web server storage resources without the need for an expensive dedicated server.
- Allows your websites to use the majority of dedicated hosting features but at a lower cost.
- Allows for a lower number of users on the same server as compared to shared hosting, leading to higher uptime and speeds for your websites.
- Requires users to have knowledge and experience in web hosting because of its complex configuration.
- Does not allow full control over the server due to resource sharing.
Dedicated hosting is the most advanced hosting type, with an entire server dedicated to your websites. Without resource sharing, this is an excellent hosting option if your eCommerce websites must handle a high volume of traffic, as it can handle up to 1 million visitors/month.
- Allows for full control over the server environment, which ensures the maximum performance and customization options for your businesses.
- Ensures a higher level of security compared to other hosting types since you are the sole user of the server.
- Able to handle high-traffic loads and process transitions quickly, leading to superior performance as well as higher reliability.
- Is the most expensive hosting option, with an average cost is around $100 to $500/month.
- Requires users to have server knowledge and experience to run a dedicated hosting plan.
Best eCommerce hosting providers
Bluehost is the best beginner-friendly host for WordPress stores. WordPress itself acknowledges and endorses it as one of the most well-known shared hosting providers.
From the beginning, you can get access to various features of Bluehost. Once you sign up for an account, you will receive a free domain for the first year and business email accounts. If you decide to build your online store on WordPress, the game would be a lot easier, as Bluehost provides one-click installations for WordPress right within their site. With WordPress’s WooCommerce plugin, you can have all the power to customize your online businesses.
In terms of performance, Bluehost focuses on maximizing the user experience instead of speed. In one year, Bluehost only had one hour and 45 minutes of outages, leading to its 99.99% uptime, which is relatively close to perfect. Good uptime can significantly increase your customers’ experience when they are visiting your online stores.
Despite good performance, Bluehost comes with limitations in some other features.
- Bluehost servers are only available in the US. Thus, customer accessibility will be limited based on country or region.
- Its storage is limited on the cheapest plan.
- It is limited to a certain number of eCommerce platforms. While Bluehost is a good choice for those who want to build a WooCommerce store, it does not support Magento or other eCommerce platforms.
However, it is worth noting that Bluehost’s mid-tier plans are available with more exceptional features for your online businesses, including unlimited SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, and unlimited websites.
Bluehost provides 24/7 expert support, with wide service options ranging from email tickets to phone calls and live chat.
Bluehost security features also contribute to its strengths. As soon as you create an account, your online stores will receive a free SSL certificate, SpamAssassin protection, hotlink protection, and Secure Shell access. With Bluehost, you can ensure that your websites will be protected with all standard security measures.
Bluehost provides options for all budgets with three main plans for web hosting. The timeframe for each plan ranges from one year to two years. In this blog, we offer you the promotional price range of Bluehost for a one-year plan.
Shared Hosting is the easiest and cheapest way for you to host your online stores. It will be a great choice if you are a beginner and running a small business. Free CDN, free domain for the first year, free SSL, and custom WP themes are included in every plan.
- Basic Plan (for one blog or site): starting at $2.95/month, includes 10 GB SSD Storage, 1 Website.
- Choice Plus (with added privacy and security features): starting at $5.45/month, includes 40 GB SSD Storage, unlimited website, daily website backup for 1st year, domain privacy, and malware scanning.
- Online store (ideal for eCommerce): starting at $9.95/month, includes 100 GB SSD Storage, unlimited websites, daily website backup, domain privacy, malware scanning, exclusive store themes, and store analytics. This plan also provides eCommerce plugins at $450, with additional features like unlimited products, and secure online payments,…
- Pro (with more optimized web resources): starting at $13.95/month for a one-year plan, includes 100 GB SSD Storage, unlimited websites, free dedicated IP, daily website backup, and malware scanning.
Dedicated hosting offers your own hosting place. All plans include an Intel Xeon-D CPU, unmetered bandwidth, Linux, and cPanel included with Root Access.
- Standard: starting at $89.98/month with 4 core/ 8 thread, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD Storage.
- Enhanced: starting at $119.88/month with 8 core/ 16 thread, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD Storage.
- Premium: starting at $139.99/month with 8 core/ 16 thread, 30 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD Storage.
VPS Hosting is where you can customize your plan based on your needs. Unmetered bandwidth and cPanel are included in every plan.
- Standard: starting at $29.99/month with 2 GB RAM, 2 core CPU, 120 GB SSD.
- Enhanced: starting at $39.99/month with 4 GB RAM, 2 core CPU, 165 GB SSD.
- Ultimate: starting at $69.99/month with 8 GB RAM, 4 core CPU, 240 GB SSD.
Shopify is a large eCommerce platform that also provides hosting services for your businesses. If you are establishing your businesses on Shopify and are already familiar with its interface and features, you may want to investigate its hosting services.
Shopify offers no-limit hosting for your website
- Unlimited bandwidth is included in every plan.
- A custom domain name is offered to optimize your brand. You can have other options, such as using your existing domain name or taking advantage of the free .myshopify.com domain.
- An easy setup process with a user-friendly Shopify interface.
- Blazing fast servers due to Shopify’s global servers that can offer your customers quick and worldwide access. Shopify also includes a CDN in every plan.
- Reliable hosting provider as Shopify guarantees 99.99% uptime.
The unique selling point of Shopify is its easy-to-use interface, offering you an absolutely beginner-friendly all-in-one eCommerce solution. You can easily build your own store and set up web hosting.
In terms of customer support, Shopify ranks lower than other hosting providers. It only accepts customer inquiries via email and live chat, which is inconvenient if you need immediate assistance with your problems.
Shopify offers a free SSL certificate for all plans. An exceptional feature is that Shopify has achieved level 1 PCI compliance. Thus, it gives you peace of mind knowing that your websites and your customer data are sure to be secured.
Shopify users get hosting at no additional cost – it’s included in the price you pay to use the platform. You can start your free trial of Shopify now for three days. Shopify offers two timeframes for payment: monthly or yearly. The annual payment would be a more cost-saving option for you.
- Basic: starting at $29/month, this plan is ideal for beginners who are just starting to build their eCommerce stores.
- Shopify: starting at $79/month, provides professional reports which are beneficial when your businesses have to deal with a larger number of customers.
- Advanced: starting at $299/month. You can have 15 staff accounts and a custom report builder, which will be more appropriate when your businesses are larger and have a strong financial base.
Starting with one of these plans, you will have an all-in-one eCommerce solution for your businesses, which is an absolute convenience and save you a huge amount of time.
Hostinger is a budget-friendly option for you to develop your eCommerce businesses. Despite having cheap prices compared to other hosting providers, the platform comes with a simple function that results in fast page load times and high reliability for your customers.
Hostinger offers shared, VPS, and WordPress hosting plans, however, it lacks a dedicated plan. Nevertheless, Hostinger’s VPS plans offer a wide range of advanced features, so any small or medium-sized business should have no trouble scaling up.
- Provides up to 16 GB of RAM, 250 GB of SSD Disk space, and 12 TB Bandwidth
- Offers weekly backups, dedicated IP addresses, and full root access to all VPS options.
For shared plans, Hostinger comes with a one-click installer for some popular eCommerce CMSs, such as Magento. Other features include:
- Unlimited bandwidth and databases
- Up to 200 GB of storage
- Free Domain
- Weekly or daily backups
Hostinger also offers WordPress hosting plans that are specialized for WordPress website optimization. Apart from some similar features with shared hosting plans, it comes with pre-installed WordPress, automatic updates, and a WordPress-optimized caching plugin for improved performance.
In terms of performance, Hostinger has seven data centers worldwide – the US, UK, Netherlands, Lithuania, Indonesia, Brazil, and Singapore. Moreover, it is recorded that Hostingers has 99.9% uptime and a fast page loading time of 936 ms.
At Hostinger, you may find limited support opportunities as its only support channel is its 24/7 live chat service. However, its website contains a Knowledge Base and tutorials on everything related to web hosting, so you should have no trouble finding an answer to your question. Additionally, you can also set up your online stores on your own.
To ensure the best security for your online store, you get free SSL, weekly backups, server-level, and web application firewalls, as well as server monitoring and DDoS protection.
Hostinger can provide you with helpful security features, which are included in the majority of its plans.
- Unlimited free SSL
- Cloudflare Protected Nameservers
- Malware Scanner
Hostinger’s prices vary based on its plans. It has two main categories: Hosting, which includes Web Hosting and Cloud Hosting; and VPS, which involves VPS Hosting.
Web Hosting is a recommended plan for small and medium enterprises.
- Single Web Hosting: starting at $1.99/month, comes with 1 website, 50 GB SSD Storage, 100 GB Bandwidth, and weekly backups.
- Premium Web Hosting: starting at $2.99/month, comes with 100 websites, 100 GB SSD Storage, unlimited bandwidth, free domain, and weekly backups. This is the most recommended plan for your businesses.
- Business Web Hosting: starting at $3.99/month, comes with 100 websites, 200 GB SSD Storage, unlimited bandwidth, free domain, and daily backups.
Cloud Hosting is a better option for bigger online stores. All of its plans include 300 websites, unlimited bandwidth, a free domain, free SSL, daily backups, dedicated resources, and an IP address.
- Cloud Startup: starting at $9.99/month with 200 GB SSD Storage, 3 GB RAM, and 2 CPU Cores.
- Cloud Professional: starting at $14.99/month with 250 GB SSD Storage, 6 GB RAM, and 4 CPU Cores.
- Cloud Enterprise: starting at $29.99/month with 300 GB SSD Storage, 12 GB RAM, and 6 CPU Cores.
VPS Hosting plans offer a more affordable price as well as more power and flexibility for your servers. These plans provide almost the same features, including weekly backups, full root access, and a dedicated IP address, but they offer different storage space and performance.
- VPS 1: starting at $3.99/month with 1 GB RAM, 20 GB SSD Disk space, and 1 TB Bandwidth.
- VPS 2: starting at $5.99/month with 2 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD Disk space, and 2 TB Bandwidth.
- VPS 3: starting at $7.99/month with 3 GB RAM, 60 GB SSD Disk space, and 3 TB Bandwidth.
- VPS 4: starting at $10.99/month with 4 GB RAM, 80 GB SSD Disk space, and 4 TB Bandwidth.
- VPS 5: starting at $23.95/month with 6 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD Disk space, and 6 TB Bandwidth.
- VPS 6: starting at $38.99/month with 8 GB RAM, 160 GB SSD Disk space, and 8 TB Bandwidth.
- VPS 7: starting at $57.99/month with 12 GB RAM, 200 GB SSD Disk space, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
- VPS 8: starting at $77.99/month with 16 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD Disk space, and 12 TB Bandwidth.
Dreamhost is one of the leading eCommerce hosting providers recommended by WordPress. It provides an easy-to-use, customizable, and intuitive hosting solution with a 100% uptime guarantee. It comes with abundant resources and can get your store up and running quickly.
Dreamhost can offer you various features:
- Offers 100% uptime guarantee.
- Provides a free domain for the first full year after you sign up for any of its annual plans.
- Offers pre-installation of WordPress, free automated WordPress migration, and a website builder for you to customize your online stores.
- Includes unlimited traffic, which is included in all plans. This means that no bandwidth or traffic is tracked, and your websites will not be charged if they exceed any limits. Thus, your store can grow naturally.
- Provides free daily backups on all of its plans, which is a beneficial feature for beginners as you don’t have to worry about losing all of your progress.
However, Dreamhost is still limited in terms of supporting various types of eCommerce platforms. So far, Dreamhost only provides support for WooCommerce, thus, it lacks a Magento-specific plan and is incompatible with other shopping cart software, such as OpenCart.
Dreamhost offers customer support through various channels:
- Knowledge base: Dreamhost has an extensive knowledge base with articles, tutorials, and guides to assist you in setting up and managing your hosting accounts and websites. Although this channel allows you to self-research and be able to create website hosting on your own, it might take time and lead to some technical problems that outside your expertise.
- Ticket support: This is done through the submission of support tickets on the control panel. The support team will respond to provide help within 24 hours. This can be annoying as you cannot reach out first or can receive help immediately but have to wait for your turn to get support.
- Live chat: Dreamhost offers live chat for customers who need prompt support. It only works during specific hours, from 5:30 AM – 9:30 PM PT. You can chat with their support representatives in real-time to get quick assistance.
Website security is among the top priorities of Dreamhost, which it implements various measures to ensure the safety of your eCommerce websites:
- Free SSL certificates with industry standard
- A web application firewall
- Cloudflare CDN
- Domain Privacy
Dreamhost provides you with three hosting plans, namely Shared plan – an option for starters; DreamPress – a great choice that is specifically designed for WordPress with high performance and hassle-free; VPS – ideal for new and small websites.
Shared Hosting plans have two different options for you to choose from. These options still offer basic features such as a free domain, fast SSD Storage, unlimited traffic, WordPress Pre-Installed, and WP website builder.
- Shared Starter: starting at $2.59/month with 1 website, add email with at least $1.67/month.
- Shared Unlimited: starting at $3.95/month with unlimited websites and email.
DreamPress plans are specifically designed for WordPress. These plans offer more storage and greater traffic capacity, which will be more appropriate if you own larger stores. The most notable features are free domains, WordPress pre-installed, and unmetered bandwidth.
- Dream Press: starting at $16.95/month, offers ~100k monthly visitors, and 30 GB SSD storage.
- DreamPress Plus: starting at $24.95/month, offers ~300k monthly visitors, and 60 GB SSD storage.
- DreamPress Pro: starting at $71.95/month, offers ~1M monthly visitors and 120 GB SSD storage. This is the only plan that provides 24/7 priority WordPress support.
VPS Hosting plans offer your businesses unlimited websites and traffic.
- VPS Basic: starting at $13.75/month with 1 GB RAM and 30 GB SSD Storage, which is ideal for new and small businesses.
- VPS Business: starting at $27.50/month with 2 GB RAM and 60 GB SSD Storage. This plan is built for small businesses.
- VPS Professional: starting at $55.00/month with 4 GB RAM and 120 GB SSD Storage, suitable for resource-intensive sites.
- VPS Enterprise: starting at $110.00/month with 8 GB RAM and 240 GB SSD Storage, also a great choice for sites that handle extreme resources.
HostGator is the best choice for shared hosting. As it can bring out better performance when handling low traffic, HostGator is a great choice for beginner websites and small businesses.
HostGator is recognized as one of the providers that provides the best features:
- 99.99% uptime guarantee, which makes it a reliable and effective web hosting.
- A free SSL certificate and unlimited bandwidth are included in every plan.
- A free domain for the first year of use.
- Unlimited email accounts, sub-domains, and FTP accounts.
- Unlimited storage (in shared hosting plans)
- Give the option to use a drag-and-drop website builder. This builder includes a large number of customizable templates spanning 20 categories.
- One-click installation (in WordPress hosting plans), which enables you to create a website using a CMS system. This feature is not limited to WordPress only but also offers support for other platforms such as Joomla, Drupal, or Magento.
- Free email marketing software is provided through Constant Contact (in the basic plan). With this feature, you are able to enhance your relationship with customers through consistent and automated email campaigns.
However, HostGator servers are not by default PCI compliant, but you can request this functionality with the assistance of the HostGator team. Moreover, when it comes to optimizing for specific platforms, HostGator is slightly less flexible than some other e-commerce web hosts. It provides a dedicated hosting plan for Magento and WordPress, but not for other platforms.
HostGator offers 24/7 support via phone service and live chat. Its website also provides a Knowledge Base and Blog for you to find answers to your queries yourself and to self-learn about web hosting.
Apart from a free SSL certificate, HostGator also includes DDoS protection in its data centers. HostGator has ensured that its data centers are equipped with highly secure facilities and restricted access; as well as the ability to prevent floods from fake traffic, thus, avoiding DDoS attacks.
If you want further security for your websites, you may consider using an add-on from HostGator – SiteLock security. It protects your sites and your customers with these following features:
- Automated malware removal
- Brand reputation protection
- Defense against malicious attacks
SiteLock security will be an effective solution for you to provide extra protection for your online stores and your customers’ safety when shopping online. Its prices start at $5.99/month for the cheapest package with minimal protection. The complete protection has a starting price of $14.99/month with a daily scan for malware, and the Plus plan, namely Continuous Scanning, will provide a continuous malware scan, priced at $24.99/month. However, the price may increase after the first use, you should consider your financial resources carefully before deciding on purchases.
The time frame for a HostGator plan may vary from one month to three years. The longer you sign up ahead of time, the cheaper your monthly price will be. To illustrate, the cost for one month pay is $10.95/month, while that of three years is $2.75/month. To be honest, the annual billing option is a more favorable choice, which is also provided by many other hosting providers. With $5.95/month, you will be able to save money without having to strictly commit to the hosting plan.
There are five hosting plans available at Hostinger: Shared, Managed WordPress, VPS, Dedicated, and Cloud. Each plan has three packages for you to choose from.
Shared Hosting is the cheapest plan with unlimited bandwidth, one-click WordPress installs, and email included in every package.
- Hatchling Plan: starting at $2.75/month with 1 website and 10 GB Disk space.
- Baby Plan: starting at $3.50/month with up to 5 websites and 40 GB Disk space.
- eCommerce Plan: starting at $6.25/month with unlimited websites and unlimited disk space. This plan also includes a Cloudflare CDN, a dedicated IP address, and SEO tools.
WordPress Hosting is beneficial if you are running a WordPress store, which offers you free SSL and a free domain.
- Starter Plan: starting at $5.95/month with 1 site, 100k visits/month, and 1 GB backups.
- Standard Plan: starting at $7.95/month with 2 sites, 200k visits/month, and 2 GB backups.
- Business Plan: starting at $9.95/month with 3 sites, 500k visits/month, and 3 GB backups.
Dedicated Hosting has the most power but also the highest price. It provides you with an Intel Xeon-D CPU, and unmetered bandwidth, available for Linux or Windows OS.
- Value Server: starting at $89.98/month with 4 core/ 8 thread, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD.
- Power Server: starting at $119.89/month with 8 core/ 16 thread, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD/ 512 GB SSD. This is a recommended plan by HostGator for your stores.
- Value Server: starting at $89.98/month with 8 core / 16 thread, 30 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD.
VPS Hosting offers you more control and flexibility with unmetered bandwidth for every plan.
- Snappy 2000: starting at $23.95/month with 2 GB RAM, 2 core CPU, 120 GB SSD.
- Snappy 4000: starting at $34.95/month with 4 GB RAM, 2 core CPU, 165 GB SSD.
- Snappy 8000: starting at $59.95/month with 8 GB RAM, 4 core CPU, 240 GB SSD.
A2 Hosting is best known for its exceptional performance. It claims to be among the fastest and most reliable options for your businesses. Despite providing premium options that are packed with advanced features, A2 Hosting comes with affordable plans that are a good starting point for beginners.
A2 Hosting plans include software configurations that are speed- and optimization-oriented.
- Provides A2 Optimized plugin to enhance the speed of WordPress sites.
- Offers WooCommerce plugin to easily create an eCommerce store within a few clicks.
- Some plans are equipped with a Turbo line that offers serious speed.
To offer extremely fast web hosting, A2 introduces Turbo Web Hosting plans, which are built specifically for speed. It has limited occupancy, upgraded server hardware, advanced caching software, optimized configurations, and a variety of performance add-ons, combining to provide the fastest web hosting for your online stores. Turbo plans also come with additional features, including LiteSpeed, NVMe, HTTP/3, ESI, and QUIC, that increase page load up to 20X faster and over 3X faster read/write speeds.
With a fast page load time, A2 Hosting has a 99.99% uptime commitment. That is equivalent to 7 minutes of downtime in two months. A2 is also able to provide support for various PHP-based platforms like Magento, Drupal, and Joomla. Therefore, if you are looking for a hosted eCommerce platform that is reliable and accessible for various platforms, A2 Hosting is an option.
A2 Hosting commits to 24/7/365 global support. It establishes Guru Crew Support, who is available to receive your queries via phone call or live chat. Similar to other web hosting providers, A2 Hosting also provides a Knowledge Base from Guru Crew Experts and a Blog to present you with website tips and tricks to increase your store’s performance on your own.
When it comes to security, A2 Hosting also provides an SSL certificate that ensures the safety and security of your customers when shopping online. It offers a permanent security plan that includes a free scan of your system to protect it from attacks, DDoS protection, a firewall, automatic backups, and enhanced security tools for malware detection and patching.
A2 Hosting offers various plans with diverse types for you to choose from, including three main categories: Hosting (Shared Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Hosting…), WordPress (WordPress, Managed WordPress, WooCommerce,…), and Hosting by Service (Business, eCommerce, Agency,..). Here, we will recommend plans for some common hosting types.
The subscription time for each plan ranges from 1 month to 2 years. We will offer you the price for a one-year plan.
Shared Web Hosting is the most affordable plan.
- StartUp: starting at $2.99/month, offers 1 website, 100 GB SSD Storage. This is the basic plan, thus, it will be more suitable for a simple site to start hosting.
- Drive: starting at $5.99/month, offers unlimited websites and SSD Storage, free automatic backups.
- Turbo Boost: starting at $6.99/month, offers unlimited websites, unlimited NVMe SSD Storage, and Turbo. If you want to get the full experience of the blazing-fast features of A2 Hosting, this is the recommended plan for you.
- Turbo Max: starting at $14.99/month, offers unlimited websites, unlimited NVMe SSD Storage, Turbo, and 5X more resources.
VPS Hosting offers features that are distinctly different for each plan. All plans still include free Imunify360 Security Suite, free CloudLinux OS, and cPanel Control Panel.
- Lift 4: starting at $49.99/month, offers 4 GB RAM, 150 GB SSD Storage, 2 TB Transfer, and 2 Cores.
- Lift 8: starting at $69.99/month, offers 8 GB RAM, 250 GB SSD Storage, 3 TB Transfer, and 6 Cores.
- Lift 16: starting at $86.99/month, offers 16 GB RAM, 450 GB SSD Storage, 4 TB Transfer, and 8 Cores.
- Mach 8: starting at $74.99/month, offers 8 GB RAM, 150 GB NVMe Storage, 2 TB Transfer, and 2 Cores. All Mach plans will provide Turbo for 20X speed.
- Mach 16: starting at $99.99/month, offers 16 GB RAM, 250 GB NVMe Storage, 3 TB Transfer, and 6 Cores.
- Mach 32: starting at $129.99/month, offers 32 GB RAM, 450 GB NVMe Storage, 4 TB Transfer, and 8 Cores.
Dedicated Servers are the most expensive plan, offering you with free 1 TB Backup drive, free Imunify360 Security Suite, and free CloudLinux OS.
- Warp 1: starting at $159.99/month, offers Intel Xeon E-224 4.6GHz Turbo CPU, 16 GB DDR4 ECC RAM, 2X1 TB SSD Storage, 6 TB transfer.
- Warp 2 AMD: starting at $189.99/month, offers AMD Rome 2nd Gen EPYC 7232 3.2GHz Turbo CPU, 32 GB DDR4 EEC RAM, 2X1 TB SSD Storage, 10 TB transfer.
- Warp 2 Turbo AMD: starting at $219.99/month, offers AMD Rome 2nd Gen EPYC 7232 3.2GHz Turbo CPU, 64 GB DDR4 EEC RAM, 2X1 TB NVMe M.2 SSD Storage, 10 TB transfer, and Turbo feature.
- Warp 2 Intel: starting at $189.99/month, offers Intel Xeon Silver 4210R 10-Core 2.4GHz Turbo CPU, 32 GB DDR4 ECC RAM, 2X1 TB SSD Storage, 10 TB transfer.
- Warp 2 Turbo Intel: starting at $219.99/month, offers Intel Xeon Silver 4210R 10-Core 2.4GHz Turbo CPU, 64 GB DDR4 ECC RAM, 2X1 TB SSD Storage, 10 TB transfer, and Turbo feature.
- Warp 3 AMD: starting at $499.99/month, offers 2X AMD Rome 2nd Gen EPYC 7232 3.2GHz Turbo CPU, 64 GB DDR4 ECC RAM, 2X960 GB SSD U.2 Storage, 15 TB transfer.
- Warp 3 Turbo AMD: starting at $529.99/month, offers 2X AMD Rome 2nd Gen EPYC 7232 3.2GHz Turbo CPU, 128 GB DDR4 ECC RAM, 2X960 GB NVMe SSD U.2 Storage, 15 TB transfer.
GoDaddy is a large player among web hosting providers, accounting for 10.4% of the market.
GoDaddy hosting plans offer basic features similar to those offered by other hosting providers, such as unmetered bandwidth, daily backups, free domain, and free SSL certificates. Moreover, it provides access to thousands of free themes and plugins. It is also equipped with a CDN, which helps boost page load times by up to 3X. GoDaddy covers other business aspects by providing professional email for your customers, however, it is only free for the first year.
It is important to note that the features of GoDaddy increase with each paid plan, thus, you may want to change your plan as your businesses scale up. To illustrate, GoDaddy’s basic Economy shared hosting plan includes only 25GB of storage and the capacity for one website, whereas the Maximum plan includes 100GB of storage, 50 websites, and 100 databases.
GoDaddy is open for support. They provide customer service via phone and live chat. With these relatively limited channels, GoDaddy seems to fall behind its competitors in terms of customer support.
GoDaddy commits to 24/7 monitoring suspicious activity and assisting in the mitigation of DDoS attacks It also offers daily backups and a free SSL certificate, providing you with peace of mind for website security and data protection.
GoDaddy offers three main hosting plans, including Web Hosting, WordPress Hosting, and Advanced Hosting. GoDaddy’s prices are in a higher range than many of its competitors, with shared plans starting at $6.99/month for a one-year subscription. Thus, GoDaddy is not an ideal option if your hosting needs are value for money. In this blog, we will provide you with the basic details of each plan.
Web Hosting plan, also called Shared Hosting, is the most budget-friendly hosting of GoDaddy and perfect for basic starters. The plans’ prices are for a one-year payment term and all include unmetered bandwidth.
- Web Hosting Economy: starting at $6.99/month with 1 website, 25 GB Storage, and 10 databases.
- Web Hosting Deluxe: starting at $9.99/month with 10 websites, 50 GB Storage, and 25 databases.
- Web Hosting Ultimate: starting at $14.99/month with 25 websites, 75 GB Storage, and 50 databases. This plan is recommended for high-traffic sites.
- Web Hosting Maximum: starting at $21.99/month with 50 websites, 100 GB Storage, and 100 databases.
VPS Hosting includes a standard RAM and high RAM plan and only has prices for a three-year term. The high RAM plan has a slightly higher price than that of standard RAM.
- Standard RAM:
- 1 vCPU: starting at $9.99/month and 1 vCPU Core, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
- 2 vCPU: starting at $19.99/month and 2 vCPU Core, 4 GB RAM, 100 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
- 4 vCPU: starting at $39.99/month and 4 vCPU Core, 8 GB RAM, 200 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
- 8 vCPU: starting at $69.99/month and 8 vCPU Core, 16 GB RAM, 400 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
- High RAM:
- 1 vCPU: starting at $14.99/month and 1 vCPU Core, 4 GB RAM, 40 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
- 2 vCPU: starting at $29.99/month and 2 vCPU Core, 8 GB RAM, 100 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
- 4 vCPU: starting at $49.99/month and 4 vCPU Core, 16 GB RAM, 200 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
- 8 vCPU: starting at $99.99/month and 8 vCPU Core, 32 GB RAM, 400 GB NVMe SSD Storage.
Dedicated servers offer SSD NVMe and HDD plans. The prices are for two-year terms only.
- SSD NVMe plans focus on speed and help your sites to be up to 25X faster.
- D2-32: starting at $139.99/month and Intel Xeon-D 2123IT, 4C/8T – 3.0 GHz Turbo, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 x 500 GB SSD Storage (RAID-1).
- DS-64: starting at $179.99/month and Intel Xeon-E 2136, 6C/12T – 4.5 GHz Turbo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 x 500 GB SSD Storage (RAID-1).
- DS-128: starting at $319.99/month and AMD EPYC™ 7351P, 16C/32T – 2.9 GHz Turbo, 128 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 x 1 TB SSD Storage (RAID-1).
- DS-256: starting at $419.99/month and AMD EPYC™ 7351P, 16C/32T – 2.9 GHz Turbo, 256 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 x 1 TB SSD Storage (RAID-1).
- HDD plans focus on performance that can bring your site high capacity.
- D2-32: starting at $129.99/month and Intel Xeon-D 2123IT, 4C/8T – 3.0 GHz Turbo, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 x 4 TB HDD Storage (RAID-1).
- DS-64: starting at $169.99/month and Intel Xeon-E 2136, 6C/12T – 4.5 GHz Turbo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 x 4 TB HDD Storage (RAID-1).
- DS-128: starting at $299.99/month and AMD EPYC™ 7351P, 16C/32T – 2.9 GHz Turbo, 128 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 x 8 TB HDD Storage (RAID-1).
- DS-256: starting at $399.99/month and AMD EPYC™ 7351P, 16C/32T – 2.9 GHz Turbo, 256 GB DDR4 RAM, 2 x 8 TB HDD Storage (RAID-1).
WordPress Hosting provides a more affordable price with annual payment terms, which can be a more saving option for you. All plans include 1 website and 24-hour malware scans and removal.
- Managed WordPress Basic: starting at $8.99/month with 20 GB SSD Storage.
- Managed WordPress Deluxe: starting at $11.99/month with 40 GB SSD Storage.
- Managed WordPress Ultimate: starting at $18.99/month with 60 GB SSD Storage.
- Managed WordPress eCommerce: starting at $20.99/month with 80 GB SSD Storage.
Liquid Web is considered the best-managed VPS option for your online stores. If you are finding a hosting provider that enables the operation of multiple WordPress sites and is affordable, secure, and fast, Liquid Web is the answer for you.
Liquid Web’s best features are included in every VPS plan.
- It offers a fast Gb network where you can get free data transfers for all inbound gigabit (Gb) bandwidth and 5 terabytes (TB) of bandwidth.
- Liquid Web uses CloudFlare CDN, leveraging the worldwide network of servers, to manage load and increase the performance of VPS sites.
- A secure dedicated IP address is provided to enhance performance, speed, and protection for your websites.
- With InterWorx control panel and root access, you can receive complete server control and management for all of your websites and take full control of your VPS hosting with root-level access.
- Plesk and cPanel are also available, which enable you to easily manage VPS hosting with system-level control, including automated updates, application deployment, and maintenance.
- Liquid Web comes with a 100% uptime agreement that is backed by SLA, which is a guarantee of reliability and speed.
- Liquid Web VPS hosting can easily be upgraded or downgraded due to its limited downtime, showing its scalability.
From these above features, it can conclude that the managed VPS hosting solutions from Liquid Web can give you the control of a dedicated server as well as the flexibility of cloud hosting. If you need root access at the lowest possible cost, Liquid Web’s VPS hosting options are ideal.
Aiming for high customer loyalty, customer support is among Liquid Web’s top priorities. 24/7 on-site support is offered via phone, live chat, and email. It also commits to providing live chat responses within 59 seconds.
Liquid Web has advanced security methods.
- SSL certificates to protect your websites
- Standard DDoS attack protection with optimized security settings
- Standard ServerSecure advanced security that provides you with real-time monitoring, protecting your websites from sudden attacks.
- Tntegrated firewall that ensures business resilience and acts as the first line of defense protecting your websites from malware traffic.
As a managed VPS web hosting, the average price of Liquid Web is not cheap. There are three main plans, namely Dedicated, Cloud, and VPS.
Dedicated Server Hosting enables the best performance and highest level of security for your websites.
- Intel Xeon 1230V6: starting at $149.25/month with 4 cores, 3.5-3.9 GHz Max Turbo, 16 GB RAM, 2 x 240 GB SSD Primary Disk, 1 x 1 TB SATA Backup Disk, 5 TB Bandwidth, 250 GB Acronis Cyber Backups. This plan is a good choice for high-traffic sites, multiple websites, small apps, and resellers.
- Intel Xeon Gold 6226R Single: starting at $224.25/month with 16 cores, 2.9-3.9 GHz Max Turbo, 32 GB RAM, 2 x 480 GB SSD Primary Disk, 1 x 2 TB SATA Backup Disk, 8 TB Bandwidth, 250 GB Acronis Cyber Backups. This plan is suitable for databases, small SaaS, large resellers, and multiple apps.
- Intel Xeon Gold 6226R Dual: starting at $374.25/month with 32 cores, 2.9-3.9 GHz Max Turbo, 64 GB RAM, 2 x 480 GB SSD Primary Disk, 1 x 2 TB SATA Backup Disk, 8 TB Bandwidth, 250 GB Acronis Cyber Backups. This plan is ideal for multi-user apps, big databases, large SaaS, and virtualization.
Cloud-dedicated servers offer Standard and High-performance options for you to choose from
- Standard Cloud Dedicated Options:
- Intel Xeon E3-1230 v6: starting at $149/month with 4 cores/ 8 threads, 3.5-3.9 GHz turbo, 16 GB RAM, 408 GB SSD RAID-1, 5TB Bandwidth.
- Intel Xeon E3-1230 v6: starting at $189/month, with 4 cores/ 8 threads, 3.5-3.9 GHz turbo, 32 GB RAM, 918 GB SSD RAID-10, 5TB Bandwidth.
- Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4: starting at $219/month, with 6 cores/ 12 threads, 3.6-4 GHz turbo, 32 GB RAM, 917 GB SSD RAID-10, 5TB Bandwidth.
- High Performance Cloud Dedicated Options
- Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4: starting at $579/month, with 6 cores/ 12 threads, 3.6-4 GHz turbo, 16 GB RAM, 3.8 TB NVMe U.2 SSD RAID-1, 5 TB Bandwidth.
- Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4: starting at $629/month, with 6 cores/ 12 threads, 3.6-4 GHz turbo, 32 GB RAM, 3.8 TB NVMe U.2 SSD RAID-1, 5 TB Bandwidth.
- Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4: starting at $629/month, with 6 cores/ 12 threads, 3.6-4 GHz turbo, 64 GB RAM, 7.6 TB NVMe U.2 SSD RAID-1, 5 TB Bandwidth.
VPS Hosting is a fully managed plan. This plan offers 8 packages with three payment terms, which are 2 years, 1 year, and 1 month. We will offer the price for a one-year payment in this blog.
- 2 GB RAM: starting at $45/month with 2 vCPU Cores, 40 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
- 4 GB RAM: starting at $65/month with 4 vCPU Cores, 100 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
- 8 GB RAM: starting at $85/month with 8 vCPU Cores, 150 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
- 16 GB RAM: starting at $125/month with 8 vCPU Cores, 200 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth
- 2 GB Value Bundle: starting at $65/month with 2 GB RAM, 2 vCPU Cores, 40 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
- 4 GB Value Bundle: starting at $90/month with 4 GB RAM, 4 vCPU Cores, 100 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
- 8 GB Value Bundle: starting at $115/month with 8 GB RAM, 8 vCPU Cores, 150 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
- 16 GB Value Bundle: starting at $165/month with 16 GB RAM, 8 vCPU Cores, 200 GB SSD Storage, and 10 TB Bandwidth.
SiteGround is the first come-to-mind when it comes to the best eCommerce hosting website for WooCommerce integration, which is also recommended by WordPress itself. It is also recognized as the best alternative for Startup businesses due to its one-click installation solution, which can help you to set up your store within seconds. SiteGround may not be the cheapest solution, but its feature will not let you down.
SiteGround’s hosting plans have many powerful features that can help your sites. These features include auto-installation, which makes setting up your websites easier. SiteGround also has free shopping carts with installation, free eShop transfer, and an eCommerce Optimized Server. With its multiple physical server locations on three continents, your sites will not only be easier for people all over the world to reach, but they will also load faster. SiteGround also includes unlimited bandwidth in all of its plans, guaranteeing scalability along with the growth of your online businesses.
SiteGround is the best web host if performance is the most important thing for your online store.
- The platform is built on the premium Google Cloud infrastructure, where SiteGround can leverage its fast network and SSD persistent storage for optimal site speed and a high-level of redundancy. Its uptime guarantee is around 99.98%, equivalent to approximately only one hour and 45 minutes of downtime/year. This is a favorable number for the effective performance of your eCommerce store.
- SiteGround is able to provide an amazingly fast website load. This is the result of the custom implementation of PHP and MySQL for high website performance, which significantly reduces the TTFB.
- WordPress sites are continuously optimized. SiteGround provides all sites with static and dynamic caching turned on, which makes your sites run five times faster. The SiteGround Optimizer plugin is also preinstalled for your sites, giving you the power for UI optimization as well as control over the environment for better performance.
- SiteGround is among the first hosting companies to provide users access to the latest speed technologies.
SiteGround is guaranteed to provide top-rated hosting support with a 24/7 round-the-clock help center, a proficient and friendly customer care team, quick pickup, and resolution. The 98% customer satisfaction rate is evidence of its customer support efforts. If you are new to web hosting and need enthusiastic support, SiteGround would be a suitable option.
SiteGround follows a Security-First approach that can equip your websites with ultimate safety and secure hosting platform.
- SiteGround secures its server as well as your sites with a smart web application firewall, where they can keep track of application flaws and keep the most popular CMSs and their plugins patched against exploits.
- SiteGround develops its own special free plugin for WordPress sites that strengthens its security.
- It is among the first hosting eCommerce websites to integrate Lets Encrypt and issue and renew automatically a free SSL certificate to every site created on its platform. You will also be able to add free SSLs from your control panel.
- Distributed backups are established in different geographical locations. Thus, your data can be restored immediately, despite of quantity and location, if there are any unexpected events that happen.
- The server status is checked consistently with SiteGround’s in-house developed monitoring system.
If you built your store with WordPress’s WooCommerce plugin, SiteGround is a great option to think about. SiteGround offers five hosting plans, including Web Hosting, WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, Cloud Hosting, and Reseller Hosting.
When you sign up for any SiteGround plan, you get a 30-Days Money-back guarantee. This means that if you are not happy with SiteGround services, you can get your money back. Therefore, trying SiteGround is risk-free and could pay off in a big way.
Web Hosting, WordPress Hosting, and WooCommerce Hosting are the cheapest plans, sharing the same prices. All are provided with unmetered traffic and an unlimited database.
- StartUp: starting at $2.99/month with 1 website, 10 GB Web Space, and ~ 10,000 Visits Monthly. This package only suits minor stores that barely start selling
- GrowBig: starting at $4.99/month with unlimited websites, 20 GB Web Space, and ~ 100,000 Visits Monthly.
- GoGeek: starting at $7.99/month with unlimited websites, 40 GB Web Space, and ~ 400,000 Visits Monthly.
Cloud Hosting is an auto-scalable plan that can grow your sites to the next level.
- Jump Start: starting at $100/month with 4 CPU Cores, 8 GB Memory, 40 GB SSD Space, and 5 TB Data Тransfer.
- Business: starting at $200/month with 8 CPU Cores, 12 GB Memory, 80 GB SSD Space, and 5 TB Data Тransfer.
- Business Plus: starting at $300/month with 12 CPU Cores, 16 GB Memory, 120 GB SSD Space, and 5 TB Data Тransfer.
- Super Power: starting at $400/month with 16 CPU Cores, 20 GB Memory, 160 GB SSD Space, and 5 TB Data Тransfer.
InMotion is a good option for eCommerce hosting due to its variety of website hosting plans with a simple setup process and reliable customer support.
In terms of features, InMotion comes with various features that can benefit your businesses overall.
- InMotion plans provide a simple and quick onboarding process so that you can start using your hosting, domains, and email within minutes.
- InMotion includes unlimited bandwidth and free SSL certificates on all of its plans, which is more favorable for you to set up your eCommerce stores.
- With unlimited bandwidth, InMotion is a scalable hosting website, which is appropriate for both shared and VPS hosting. To illustrate, if you are running a new store and have a low budget, the shared plan should be the first stage you take. As your businesses grow, you can easily scale up to a VPS plan.
- InMotion optimization for eCommerce is not limited to any platform. It comes with one-click shopping cart installations (included in the Power Shared plan) and easy integration with well-known eCommerce platforms like PrestaShop, Magento, OpenCart, and WooCommerce.
- All of InMotion’s plans offer free SSDs that enhance the speed of content delivery, resulting in higher customer satisfaction.
In terms of performance, InMotion commits itself to fast and reliable web hosting with a powerful server and 99.99% uptime.
InMotion places great concentration on customer service, with the goal of achieving 100% customer satisfaction with its web hosting. InMotion staff has undergone extensive training to provide you with the best guidance and solutions to your queries. It also commits to 24/7/365 support via diverse channels, ranging from live chat, monitoring, ticketing, phone support, and online support; to step-by-step education channels and community support forums.
InMotion is highly dedicated to security. It offers a free SSL certificate, automatic backup to secure your data, premium malware mitigation, and hack protection. InMotion’s efforts in security have been recognized by its ranking as the most trusted web hosting company.
InMotion offers four main Hosting plans, which are Web Hosting, WordPress, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers. The timeframe for each plan is the same as Hostgator, which ranges from one month to three years. We will offer you the one-year term price, which is a less-risky pricing option for you if you are new to web hosting.
Shared Hosting Plans can offer you the cheapest option for your site hosting.
- Core: starting at $3.29/month with 2 websites, 100 GB SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and 2x Speed and Performance
- Launch: starting at $6.99/month with unlimited websites, unlimited NVMe SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and 6x UltraStack Speed and Performance.
- Power: starting at $6.99/month with unlimited websites, unlimited NVMe SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and 12x UltraStack Speed and Performance. This plan is an ideal option if you want to receive the most value due to its eCommerce ready, providing one-click shopping cart installs and integration with other eCommerce platforms.
- Pro: starting at $14.99/month with unlimited websites, unlimited NVMe SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and 20x UltraStack Speed and Performance.
WordPress Hosting provides you with server-to-server migrations, safer upgrading, on-the-fly security patching, and industry-leading speed.
- WP Core: starting at $4.49/month and 2 Websites, 100GB NVMe SSD Green Speed, 10x WP performance, unlimited bandwidth, 10 email addresses, and 2 PHP workers per site.
- WP Launch: starting at $8.99/month and unlimited websites, unlimited NVMe SSD Green Speed, 20x WP performance, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email addresses, and 3 PHP workers per site.
- WP Power: starting at $8.99/month and unlimited websites, unlimited NVMe SSD Green Speed Icon, 30x WP performance, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email addresses, and 4 PHP workers per site.
- WP Pro: starting at $16.99/month and unlimited websites, unlimited NVMe SSD Green Speed, 40x WP performance, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email addresses, and 6 PHP workers per site.
VPS Hosting brings ultra-reliable, high-performance solutions suited for your growing businesses.
- VPS 4 GB RAM: starting at $14.99/month and 4 vCPU Cores, 4 GB RAM, 90 GB SSD, 2TB bandwidth, and 2 dedicated IPs.
- VPS 8GB RAM: starting at $24.99/month and 8 vCPU Cores, 8 GB RAM, 150 GB NVMe SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and 3 dedicated IPs.
- VPS 12 GB RAM: starting at $34.99/month and 12 vCPU Cores, 12 GB RAM, 210 GB NVMe SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and 5 dedicated IPs.
- VPS 16 GB RAM: starting at $44.99/month and 16 vCPU Cores, 16 GB RAM, 360 GB SSD, unlimited bandwidth, and 10 dedicated IPs.
Dedicated Servers are fully-managed servers powered by cPanel. The exact specs may vary due to practical circumstances, however, Inmontion guarantees the equivalent specs for every package of the Dedicated Servers:
- Aspire: starting at $89.99/month with 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3*, 4 Cores/ 8 Threads, 10 TB/month bandwidth, 1 dedicated IP, 10 GB free backup storage, and 10 cPanel licenses included.
- Essential: starting at $139.99/month with 32 GB DDR3 RAM, 2 TB SSD, Intel XeonE-2134*, 4 Cores/ 8 Threads, 1 Gbps unmetered bandwidth, 5 dedicated IPs, 50 GB free backup storage, 20 cPanel licenses included.
- Advanced: starting at $189.99/month with 64 GB DDR3 RAM, 2x1TB SSD, Intel Xeon E-2136*, 6 Cores/ 12 Threads, 1 Gbps unmetered bandwidth, 10 dedicated IPs, 100 GB free backup storage, 100 cPanel licenses included.
- Elite: starting at $259.99/month with 128 GB DDR3 RAM, 2x2TB SSD, Intel Xeon E-2388G*, 8 Cores/ 16 Threads, 1 Gbps unmetered bandwidth, 15 dedicated IPs, 250 GB free backup storage, 100 cPanel licenses included.
- CC-1000: starting at $439.99/month with 192 GB DDR4 RAM, 2x1TB NVMe SSD, Intel Xeon Silver 4214, 12 Cores/ 24 Threads, 1 Gbps unmetered bandwidth, 20 dedicated IPs, 1 TB free backup storage, 100 cPanel licenses included.
- CC-2000: starting at $539.99/month with 256 GB DDR4 RAM, 2x2TB NVMe SSD, Dual Xeon Silver 4214, 24 Cores/ 48 Threads, 1 Gbps unmetered bandwidth, 25 dedicated IPs, 1 TB free backup storage, 100 cPanel licenses included.
- CC-3000: starting at $739.99/month with 512 GB DDR4 RAM, 2×2.3TB NVMe SSD, Dual Xeon Silver 4314, 32 Cores/ 64 Threads, Up to 10 Gbps unmetered bandwidth, 30 dedicated IPs, 1 TB free backup storage, 100 cPanel licenses included.
How to choose the most suitable eCommerce hosting for your businesses
Considering your businesses’ conditions
Consider your available resources and capabilities
Among various web hosting providers with different hosting plans, you should first carefully consider your business’s resources, including the budget you will spend for web hosting, technical expertise, and the time you can dedicate to managing your hosting.
If you have a weak budget, you can consider providers who offer affordable prices, such as Bluehost, Hostinger, and Dreamhost.
In case you do not have much time, you should consider hosting websites that provide good customer support, namely SiteGround, InMotion, or A2 Hosting.
In terms of capabilities, you should consider your business scale and the number of customers you have to handle for your stores.
- If you are running small businesses and anticipate moderate to low traffic, shared hosting plans can be a more cost-effective way while you can still be equipped with the basic features of that web hosting provider.
- If you are running medium-sized businesses, you may experience higher traffic to your website, along with increased security risk. Thus, an appropriate web hosting option for you should have larger storage, and higher security features, though it may charge higher. Moreover, if your businesses have tremendous opportunities to scale up, you may need web hosting providers that offer scalability. Therefore, VPS is the recommended solution.
- If you are running large businesses, you typically have to deal with extreme traffic and have thousand of data that needs to be stored. Dedicated or cloud hosting will be ideal options for this situation. Dedicated plans are the most expensive hosting types, however, the investment will pay off as it can provide you with large storage, seamless scalability, and robust security features for you to establish the best eCommerce store for your customers.
Determine your needs
For the next step, you need to understand your needs when it comes to website hosting.
- If you want a hosting provider that offers diverse features, Bluehost is an option.
- In case you ask for a simple setup hosting provider, InMotion should be the first come to mind.
- When it comes to excellent performance in terms of speed, you should consider A2 Hosting or GoDaddy.
- If you are only interested in managed VPS hosting, Liquid Web is designed specifically for this hosting type.
- If your businesses’ need is large storage, Hostgator can fulfill it with its unlimited storage.
- In the case you want to build your store with WordPress or WooCommerce, then hosting providers that offer easy integration with other platforms are Dreamhost and SiteGround.
- Or if you want to reduce effort and time, and you are already using Shopify for your eCommerce store, Shopify hosting will be ideal for providing an all-in-one eCommerce solution.
Choosing an eCommerce hosting provider is important for your long-term success, thus, you should consider your goals and requirements carefully to choose the best-fit provider for your sites.
Considering hosting providers features and prices
Speed is the first criterion you should consider when choosing your hosting provider. See if their uptime guarantee is reliable enough and whether they offer additional features to boost the page speed. Loading times are extremely important for your eCommerce stores, as faster loading times contribute greatly to a better user experience.
Storage and bandwidth are also significant numbers to consider. This shows the storage capacity and bandwidth allocation of the hosting providers, therefore, you can know whether they offer the feature that fits your business or not.
Backup and restoration are important when it comes to emergencies or accidental data loss. Your data can also receive greater protection if the hosting providers offer large data backups.
Reliable customer support is essential for your immediate assistance if any problem related to web hosting occurs. You should trace back to your needs when considering this criterion. If you do not have enough time, you should consider hosting providers that offer a wide variety of support channels, such as live chat, email, or phone. Research carefully their response time, along with their reputation for customer support. Consider whether they own a robust Knowledge Base or community forums for self-help resources.
Security features are essential to ensuring the security and safety of your websites and data. You should evaluate the security measures that your hosting provider offers. Some example features include SSL certificates, DDoS mitigation, firewall protection, and malware scanning.
Each hosting provider will offer various hosting plans with different price structures. You should trace back to your financial resources and needs, along with comparing the price of each plan and the features they include, to choose the best plan that can give you the most value. It is important to note, however, that most price ranges presented on providers’ pages are just promotional price ranges, which means you may be charged a different price, often higher, after a period of time that you use. You should work closely with the hosting provider on this issue.
This blog has provided a detailed view of the top web hosting providers for eCommerce stores. Each provider has its strengths and weaknesses, it is important that you consider your business’s resources, capabilities, and needs to choose the best-fit provider, which can benefit you in the long run. If you find the information provided helpful, subscribe to our newsletter for more related content that can assist you in the success of your eCommerce businesses.